Joe Deninzon has been hailed by critics as “The Jimi Hendrix of the Violin,” because of his innovative style on 7-string electric violin. Joe has worked with Bruce Springsteen, The Who, 50 Cent, Sheryl Crow, Phoebe Snow, Ritchie Blackmore, Smokey Robinson, Les Paul, Peter Criss from KISS, Kurt Elling, and the New York City Ballet.
Joe is the lead singer and violinist for the progressive rock band, Stratospheerius, who have released 6 critically acclaimed albums. He can be heard on over 100 CDs and jingles as a violinist and string arranger. In 2015, Joe premiered his Electric Violin Concerto with the Muncie Symphony Orchestra.
Joe is also a member of the Sweet Plantain String Quartet (www.sweetplantain.com), which combines Latin Jazz with hip-hop.
A passionate educator, Joe has taught at both Mark O’Connor’s String Camp and MWROC. Mel Bay Published Joe’s book, “Plugging In.” Joe holds a Bachelors degree from Indiana University and a Masters from Manhattan School of Music.
- What to expect in Joe’s classes:
- Fiddlefunk: Using the violin/viola/cello in a funk or hip-hop band
- Getting in the Groove: Chopping, scratching, and comping on the violin
- Working with effects in a solo or compositionHow to Read Chord Charts and Lead Sheets
- Singing and playing/arranging string parts around vocals
- Rock, pop, and hip hop arranging for strings
- Live Looping