YOUR VIRTUAL MWROC EXPERIENCE
- In-depth workshops for string players, vocalists, guitarists, and electric bass players.
- Our faculty is hard at work coming up with NEW interactive, collaborative class ideas for you, specifically tailored for our virtual space; and you’ll have the opportunity to take some stellar master classes with our special guests.
- An album’s worth of new material that YOU will create and/or collaborate on.
- Virtual Final Concert
- During our rehearsal time, we will work with each attendee to coach you on submitting videos for each of the songs in our final concert (approx. 3-5 songs).
- Your individual videos will then be edited together to create a virtual symphony orchestra masterpiece, that will have its world premiere approximately 8 weeks after MWROC is over.
- Movement classes to energize your day AND make you a better performer.
- Faculty concerts every evening – some will be pre-recorded, some will be live, some will be a combination; ALL will be exclusive to MWROC.
- Online social gatherings will include game nights and other activities.
- Cafe Rock and Wreck, an optional talent show that takes place every night after our faculty concerts, where you can share a video of you showcasing your talents to our attendees, who will be your virtual audience, watching and cheering you on.
- Have a virtual lunch with the faculty member of your choice. Each day, limited spots will become available so we can create Zoom breakout rooms. You’ll be able to sign up in advance.
- MORE TO COME!
YOUR TUITION INCLUDES
- Exclusive access to our virtual platform (login info will be sent prior to camp).
- All live classes and archived videos and recordings of classes and faculty concerts.
- Professional directed and edited virtual orchestra/choir videos of our final concert.
- FREE subscription to Soundtrap, your own personal recording studio. This is how we’ll be achieving our online collaborative projects.
- FREE trial subscription to SmartMusic
- FREE MWROC t-shirt and this year’s camp charm.
Week 1 will focus on courses that will continue and expand their focus throughout the week. Our suggestion will be for campers to choose up to 4 courses to minimize daily computer time; however, ALL courses will be archived and available to everyone so, in theory, you could take advantage of every course offering; even after camp is over.
The daily schedule will be from roughly 10am EST until 7pm EST, and campers would choose the classes they want to take within that time frame. Each faculty member will have scheduled live Zoom meetings throughout the day. These times provide attendees with direct access to our faculty for questions, tips, guidance, coaching, and practice. Faculty will be available for more one-on-one time than ever before so, if you need a little extra help, we are here for you!
Every attendee will get a free subscription to Soundtrap – https://www.soundtrap.com/ – recording software that is integrated into the virtual platform we’ll be using. This is how we’ll be working on most of our collaborative projects.
Courses will cover a wide variety of topics that will set you up for success in today’s virtual world and when things get back to “normal.” Topic examples:
- Performance coaching
- Basic and advanced audio and video recording techniques
- Proper use of virtual amps and effects
- Film and media scoring
- Arranging for ensembles and for solo gigs (whether in-person or virtual)
Week 2 will focus on small ensemble break out groups, where faculty members will work with campers on rehearsing the material for the 5 songs that will comprise our virtual final concert.
Additional classes will be geared towards everything that would go into preparing campers to film themselves in the best way possible (performance, acting, movement, lighting, sound, etc.). All camper filming will happen on the last day of camp (that Friday); with all faculty on standby periodically throughout the day in open Zoom rooms to take questions and help with filming, feedback, and additional coaching. Not long after V-MWROC is over, we’ll release the MWROC version of a virtual symphony orchestra video with all 5 songs. We even have a dedicated director and video editor, and each song will have its own story line and script.
Week 2 will also feature master classes and performances – exclusive to MWROC – by Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater), Mysore Manjunath (one of the top Carnatic violinists from India), Tracy Silverman, Alex DePue, and more. You can find out more about them on our Faculty page.
Socializing: Nothing can take the place of in-person socializing but, because we know that one of the many things people love about MWROC is the ability to hang out and collaborate with each other on music projects, we will also have designated “hang-out” times utilizing Zoom breakout rooms for campers to chat and be with each other. There will also be opportunities for them to sign up for collaboration and practice times where they can work and create together in smaller ensemble groups. Counselors will be available during this time to help these groups in any way they can; ensuring they come away from camp with completed projects.
Teachers will be able to work together like never before, creating projects together while having access to ALL faculty members to get their ideas on how to continue to inspire, retain and recruit orchestra members. Please contact us for more specific info!