Click here to find out what we’re all about, including important attendee info, our mission statement, and what you can expect to learn in our classes.
Click here to watch REAL CAMPER INTERVIEWS.
Click here to find out about our awesome host campus.
Click here to find out how to get to our campus, whether flying or driving. On this page, you’ll also find information about booking shuttles to/from the airport.
Click here if you’re a parent or guardian of one of our campers.
An Individual Musical Experience for All Skill Levels
IF YOU ARE 18+ (EDUCATORS, PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS, and COLLEGE STUDENTS)
For those who are both new and experienced in the world of improvisation and authentic creativity in a classic and contemporary rock setting. You can even get professional credit when attending our Teacher Training workshops with Mark Wood!
IF YOU ARE 12-17 (MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS)
Nurture your creative self with others who feel the same way you do about your music. Our counselors help to “break the ice” and build lasting friendships between our young musicians. They provide strict supervision day and night with students that are grouped according to age.
SCHOOL GROUPS: Discounts are available to large groups traveling together. Contact the MWROC office for more info!
Open to acoustic and electric string players, singers, guitarists, and electric bass players from age 12 through adult – INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED, and PRO LEVEL (attendees are auditioned for skill level for proper placement in orchestras and groups).
- Enjoy workshops and rehearsals during the day with our faculty of Artist Mentors.
- Be inspired by and participate in concert events every evening.
- Perform and jam at our Cafe Rock and Wreck every night.
Find yourself at MWROC. It’s so much more than the music.
- In-depth workshops for string players, vocalists, guitarists, electric bass players, and a select group of brass/wind players. Expand your creative horizons and learn groundbreaking methods from Mark and his world-class team of Artist Mentors. Improve your technique and increase your musical knowledge.
- Learn critical team-building skills by working with musicians and singers from all different backgrounds and abilities.
- Combo Concert Main Stage Focus. Attendees present their own Combo Concert towards the end of the week. Combos are small ensembles led by individual MWROC faculty.
- International symphony orchestra experience. Attendees spend a portion of each day rehearsing for a massive concert event, open to the public, on the last night. Placement auditions are submitted prior to camp, and attendees are assigned to either the Beatles (intermediate) or Zeppelin (advanced) orchestras.
- Faculty concerts every night, where you’ll experience what makes our team of Artist Mentors so incredibly special.
- Expanded teacher training sessions with Mark Wood and his new curriculum.
- Cafe Rock and Wreck. Our evening gathering devoted to individual performances, group jam sessions, and experiencing true musical camaraderie.
- Flexible schedule for 18 and older.
- Free gym time in the campus fitness center.
- Lots of opportunities for jamming and improvising. Whether it’s during our workshop time or on your own, we build in extra time in the schedule devoted to testing out the skills you’ve learned on any given day.
- Movement classes to make you a better performer.
- After-show dance party, complete with DJ, pizza, and cake.
Here at MWROC Music Festival, our mission is to consistently celebrate creative music-making and the showcasing of great talent.
MWROC Music Festival is a week-long music education experience where attendees are immersed in cultivating self-expression through improvisation, performance, and the latest technology; and where they get to put all their new tools to use in a grand finale international rock orchestra concert event – open to the public – on our last night.
Register early and take advantage of our low monthly payment plans (NO added fees or interest). Get a multiple person discount (great for family members), and we have excellent group rates for educators!
We’ve helped hundreds of musicians and singers to discover their own voice – not only as players but as PEOPLE. We believe that the art of building confidence in your own unique powers of self-expression is KEY to making your way in the world. Come to MWROC Music Festival and celebrate the greatness of YOU!
MWROC is a place for adventurous musicians and vocalists to explore the exciting creative terrain of
IMPROVISATION, PERFORMANCE, and TECHNOLOGY.
Drawing on their substantial knowledge and expertise, our incredible faculty offers an amazing selection of practical courses that will enhance your skills on every level and in every performance environment.
Days are filled with a wide variety of classes for attendees to choose from and are capped off by faculty concerts every evening, after which attendees and staff get together in our “Cafe Rock and Wreck” for individual camper performances, group jam sessions, free gym time, and experiencing true musical camaraderie.
In addition to all of our great classes, you will spend a portion of each day rehearsing for our massive concert event, open to the public, on the last night of MWROC where you can demonstrate all the skills and techniques you’ve acquired during the week.
Everything you learn will not only enhance your classical/traditional training but will give you many new and exciting musical tools to help you grow as a unique artist on your own terms.
Here are some examples of what you can expect to learn in our classes.
STRING PLAYERS, GUITARISTS, ELECTRIC BASS PLAYERS:
- Rhythmic chopping techniques
- Exploring blues and pentatonic improv
- The art of playing “outside” the scales
- Working with effects pedals and other outboard gear
- The care and feeding of your electric instrument
- How to create your own stage persona
- Maximize your performances with movement and choreography
- How to take ownership of any song you sing
- Vocal techniques that will give you stamina and strength
- How to maintain proper vocal health
- The art of improvisation and composition
- Command the spotlight and the stage
- Accessing your own unique creativity
- Mastering the latest computer technology
- Perform in any style and handle any rhythm